Friday, January 02, 2009

Does This List Sound Familiar?

So, friends (okay, I know that nobody is really reading this anymore, but whatever, it is good for me to make the list), on this, the 2nd day of 2009, I give you my January gratitude list...

I am grateful for/that...

1. My dad, who is the midst of a battle for his life, is fighting with all that he has and, in that fight, he has responded well to his chemotherapy;

2. Katie had a wonderful first Christmas, which included hosting Pops and Deemaw, playing the Baby Jesus at church, and presents, lots of presents;

3. Having my parents here at various times, which allows me to SLEEP;

4. Christmas cards...few things are better to receive in the mailbox (though that Publisher's Clearing House is making it an interesting race);

5. Finding old friends on Facebook;

6. I have been able to nurse Katie for 7 months and think I will able to continue as long as she and I are both willing...this is quite amazing considering how horribly the nursing relationship began;

7. The opportunity for fresh starts that the beginning of a new year brings;

8. The more and more frequent realization that I have control over how I feel-patient or frustrated, controlling or relaxed, irritated or accepting (this doesn't mean I always choose the right one, just that I know that I could...);

9. That I can pretty solidly bank on a snow-free winter; and

10. That the cats have resolved their feline war brought on by an unxpected intruder (or, more precisely, an unxpected intruder's urine) via the Christmas tree.

No comments: