Friday, March 23, 2007

The Sun Will Come Out TODAY!

So, I don't know about y'all, but I am thrilled that the sun is out. Life has been a little stressful lately: dad with cancer, grandparents selling lifelong home, craziness at work, and I currently have a cold. It would be hard to process all this if the massive snow and ice, not to mention the grey skies, that this winter brought were still here. SO, three cheers for March 21.

And, really, how rough can things be when March Madness is on TV. I sure was pulling for Kansas to get upset last night...the So Illinois Salukis (sp?) were scrappers, man! They were quick, passed the ball well, excellent three point shooters, weren't afraid to throw their bodies on the floor to chase after the ball...they deserved to win. Bummer. It is amazing how caught up you can get in a team you had never heard of prior to their appearance on CBS! I mean, I had to look up what the hell a Saluki was. (BTW, it is a fierce hunting dog.) The adrenaline gets flowing and you get pulled in. It is surprising how much you can care all of a sudden. Tonight I will pull for Vanderbilt. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about Vandy. I sure was pulling for them. If you're going to lose on the shot that Green made for Georgetown, you're just going to lose.