Friday, February 22, 2008

Sorry to Disappoint

Well, bad news, blog readers (aka: Mom, Dad, and Andy). We have been iced in (winter wonderland, my ass) and, thus, there will be no maternity undies shopping. I know the hope of hearing a report back on that experience kept you all up last night. In efforts to not let you down completely, here is a brief description of how I'm sure it would have gone: Upon entering, everyone in the store froze, turned to look at me, and looks of pure awe and admiration spread throughout. "Who is this beauty before us and why has she not been advertising for us?" was clearly the question on the mind of all the salespeople. Being the modest person I am, I told them all to carry on with their bra shopping/selling and I set about my business. However, once the sales person got me down to my skivvies she fell to her knees and praised God for creating such a majestic piece of work. She insisted that I have whatever items in the store that I wanted as long as I was willing to let the store use my image in their ad campaigns. "Free drawers!", I thought to myself. "Hells yeah!" So, I gave the girls my contact info, loaded up up the undies and such, and hit the road leaving a mass of depressed women feeling even more inadequate. (I can't help it...it happens everywhere I go.)

Now, I don't know for sure that that's how it woulda gone, but I'm pretty sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is laugh out loud funny. You really should write in your blog more often. Tell us about Simone.