Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What Are You Thankful For? (April 2008 Edition)

It is time for this month's installment of my gratitude list. It is funny how much I enjoy doing this. I think part of the reason I like it is because it is a chance to let people know that I appreciate them. So here's to you if you made the list...if you're not on it, perhaps you should re-evaluate some things, huh? (Kidding.)

I am thankful for/that...

1. All the previously pregnant women (especially those with new babies) who are willing to share their stories with me...even the gory parts;

2. My parents will each get to be at one of the two baby showers that are being thrown for us. My dad and his wife are coming next weekend and will get to attend the shower at Andy's church with us. My mom will come the following weekend and get to attend the shower at my church. Hooray!;

3. That my husband, despite getting me sick in the first place, is turning out to be a pretty good nursemaid;

4. ChapStick...I love that stuff, man! Especially as I am currently unable to breathe through my nose and my lips feel like Florida in August;

5. Andy and I will celebrate 4 years of marriage on Thursday. So, four years ago today, we were having a shrimp boil at my mom's house in Baton Rouge with family and local friends. It was a great time! (We won't talk about the rehearsal!);

6. The baby will be here SOON! She is due two months from tomorrow, but we've been having a conversation about how it is okay if she wants to come 7-10 days early (as long as she's done doing her thing inside me);

7. Spring is here! The weather is starting to show signs of turning the corner, flowers are blooming, the birds are at the feeder...new life abounds!;

8. I have a washer and dryer in my apartment. I swear the laundry is never done and if I had to walk up and down 4 flights of stairs with all those clothes...well, let's just say we'd have smelly clothes on quite frequently;

9. People are reading my blog. Most of them appear to blog voyeurs, but my location map tells me that they are in fact reading. And for those of you who actually comment, you get a gold star in this month's gratitude list!;

10. I know that I am loved and have people (and kitties) to love back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who's reading you in India?? Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Well, it is a nice list. Most of us have lots to be grateful for.
much love,
dad