Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hold On Tight! The Excitement Might Overwhelm You.

I talk to my parents on the phone a lot. Like, probably every day. I think part of it is being an only child-that status tends to make one particularly close to one's parents. (Unless the parents were tools, in which case it is a different situation. But my parents aren't tools...good work, Mom and Dad.) Also, when my dad got diagnosed with cancer last winter I definitely started talking to him more frequently. Add in a pregnancy and there is pretty frequent phone contact. (Not to mention that I only work part time and the cats don't talk back, which sometimes equals a bored/lonely Elizabeth.) Oh, and an important note about these phone calls is that it is almost always me calling them. (See the previous sentence for insight into that.) However, yesterday both my parents called me just to check in. Yesterday was Wednesday. I think our most recent conversations prior to that occurred on Monday. Two whole days incommunicado! No wonder they were a little worried/confused.

Well, like I told them, there just isn't much to say at this stage of the game. The highlights of the day are getting off the couch with only minimal grunting and Law and Order reruns. What is deemed a big activity has definitely changed. For instance, today is leg shaving day. Never before in my life has a pre-determined day been for leg shaving. However, it just takes so much energy, not to mention contortionist skills, that now, before entering the shower, I must steel myself for the work ahead. Lame.

So, there isn't much to write about. There is another big adventure that is in the works, as some of you know, but it is secret for a few more weeks. After that the world will know. However, for now, you're stuck with stories of leg shaving.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

you should get Andy to shave your legs for you, like all those ads of the guy painting the girls toenails :)

it is getting so close- i can't wait for the big day!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, just so you know, a birdie told me your secret that is in the works, and I am totally stoked about it.
Also, I think this time I might get my legs waxed. SO much easier.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad I could serve as entry fodder for you to write about shaving your legs. I think you were right to sneak up on the subject. It would have seemed kind of pitiful if you had just blurted it out.
love,
dad