Monday, May 05, 2008

Reasons Why Being this Pregnant Rocks (She Said with Her Tongue Firmly Stuck In Her Cheek)

So, I have to say it, I AM SO TIRED OF BEING PREGNANT! I can't wait to be a mom, but I am over being pregnant-by a long shot. Here are some reasons:

There is an unidentified pain in my right side. I think, in fact, in may be an unidentified body part of the alien who has taken up residence in my abdomen.

There is an alien who has taken up residence in my abdomen.

I haven't seen my private parts in weeks, possibly months...but everyone else sure as hell has.

Pregnant leg shaving...a new sport that will debut in Beijing. Good grief!

Heartburn was not something I was at all familiar with prior to pregnancy. Now, however, I'm thinking I should buy stock in TUMS.

And while I'm at it, I might as well get me some stock in Charmin. Good God! How can one person pee so much...and to be frank, I could handle the frequent peeing if the pee and I could agree on when it was going to come out. Yuck.

Thank you notes...except for your's, writing your's was the highlight of the day.

This one's petty, I know ('cause the other's weren't): The baby will be born mere days after Father's Day and yet Mother's Day will go by just like any other Sunday. (Andy, you're not getting a Wii.)

So, those are some of the reasons I am ready to be unpregnant. Aren't you glad you stopped by?

(While writing this, ironically, I realized that neither Andy nor I wrote our May gratitude lists. Guess I'll make that a separate post.)

Until then...

5 comments:

Andy said...

oh contraire, i wrote my may thankfulness list two days ago :-)
good post and i do think my daughter should get her father a wii for father's day.

Robert said...

Andy, I got a Wii for you to play on. Come on over!!!!

Anonymous said...

How about poor little Simone? All balled up in there. She's probably bored out of her mind. I mean there's nothing to do except kick a rib now and then. Maybe you should get her a wii!

Anonymous said...

i must say - the wii is quite fun, not that you'll have much time (or energy) to play come June 5th

and if you think lots of people have seen your privates now...wait until the delivery - all of a sudden there were like 20 people in the room, but at that point i didn't care much.

Rob Monroe said...

I got my Wii months PRIOR to Abby's birth last summer. I hate to say it - I played it more in the first four weeks after she was born than I have since then. A little Wii Tennis or Bowling does amazing things when it comes to rocking a baby to sleep. (In a sling, of course.)

I say borrow a Wii.