Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What Are You Thankful For?

So, my husband was inspired by the Cool People Care website back in November to create a monthly list of things he is thankful for. I like reading his so much I decided that I should try my hand at creating a list. Thus, I give you Elizabeth's Thanksgiving in March list:

I am thankful for/that

1. Thanksgiving in March doesn't require massive amounts of cooking (though I do like me some cornbread dressing);

2. When Harper and Dylan are sitting on my chest and they decide to turn in circles and I happen to look up at the wrong time, their buttcracks don't smell like you might think cat buttcrack would smell;

3. Andy, who makes me laugh AND helps me figure out tricky sermon texts;

4. My dad, who, while perhaps being the most forgetful non-Alzheimer's patient out there, can remember the changes in the baby's heartrate from visit to visit;

5. My mom, who goes out to her car in the gym parking lot forgetting that she hasn't traded in her slip for her gym shorts...but even better is that she is able to laugh about it;

6. The crazy little girl in my belly who thinks that Mom's bladder = trampoline;

7. Krispy Kreme, which needs no qualifiers.

8. I walked outside today and my breath was nowhere to be seen...heck yeah, spring is on the way.

9. I am preaching on the morning we "spring forward," which means my sermon can be lame and only half the people will be there to hear it because they will have all forgotten to set their clocks;

10. I am blogging again and having fun with it!

3 comments:

Andy said...

Thank ya, thank ya very much :-)

Anonymous said...

Another laugh out loud one. Thanks for putting me on the list. I...I forgot what I was going to write.
love,
dad

Anonymous said...

But how did you think cat buttcracks would smell? And how much time did you spend pondering it?

(There I go with the cat-related comments again.)